March 16, 2021 – CELAB (Circular Economy for Labels), a global consortium of companies in the self-adhesive label industry, today announced members of its Global Executive Board elected by CELAB Global’s membership. Formed in 2020, CELAB is working to create a sustainable pressure sensitive labeling industry by increasing access to matrix and liner recycling.
Renae Kezar, Global Senior Director and Head of Sustainability at Avery Dennison, was elected to serve as Global Executive Board President.
“We are pleased with the great response we have received from companies with both a global and regional presence to our coalition. Members are committed to working together to create a more sustainable pressure sensitive label industry,” said Kezar. “We are also committed to making tangible progress on our goals as quickly as possible. CELAB has already established branches in Europe and North America, where workstreams are conducting technical and educational work, and we will soon expand into Asia and other regions.”
CELAB’s Executive Board includes:
• President – Renae Kezar, Avery Dennison
• Vice President – Ed LaForge, Mactac
• Treasurer – Jurgen Van der Donck, Mondi Group
• At-Large seat: PSL Manufacturer – Juha Virmavirta, UPM Raflatac
• At-Large seat: Supply Chain – Uwe Duesterwald, BASF Corporation
• Workstream Leader: Data Mining + Market Research – Stijn Billiet, Multi-Color Corporation
• Workstream Leaders: Recycling Network Logistics – Willi Munninger, Mondi Group
• Workstream Leader: Technical – Alex Knott, Dow Performance Silicones
• Workstream Leader: Membership, Expansion and Communications – Brian Lawrence, Henkel
CELAB’s Executive Board members are responsible for establishing the organization’s policies and overseeing activities conducted through global and branch workstreams to ensure regionally appropriate initiatives and cooperation. CELAB activities focus on sponsoring research, sharing information and educating stakeholders, policymakers and the public through proactive communication.
Contact: Maya Bogle
March 16, 2021